Hi again! I just finished my midterm test a few days ago and got back here on my blog, it feels like I’ve been extremely lucky. First, it’s because I’ve reached 1000+ visits, yay! Second, I’ve been nominated by Julia @ The Tree of Books and Ishi @ Heart in Pages for a Liebster Award. Thank you so much, lovelies! You both made my day.
So, there are a few rules concerning this award.
- Link bank to the blog who nominated you.
- Nominate at least 3 bloggers and up to 11 other bloggers you think are worthy of this award but must have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the questions the blogger you were nominated by gave you.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Leave 11 questions for your nominees.
- Notify your nominees so that they know and can join in.
After knowing all the rules, let’s jump in!
My nominees are… *drum rolls*
Here are my answers to Julia’s questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
In early 2013, I started to get obsessed with the idea of reading, especially reading fiction novels (and fan fictions). Not too long after that phase, I began to surf the entire Internet to search for various book communities that I could join. I found Goodreads (which was the most precious thing I’ve ever found in my whole life) and some famous book blogs. I was inspired by them to make one in 2014 because it seemed fun to have relations with people who had the same obsession and I really wanted to share my reading experience with a lot of people, but I didn’t actually get myself into making it until May 2015 haha. So, yeah.
2. What’s your favorite type of chocolate?
ATTENTION FOR ALL OF THE LIVING THINGS OUT THERE. THIS IS A BIG NEWS FOR YOU GUYS.
I don’t really like chocolate.
I’ve heard a lot of people complaining about this because it sounds weird. According to what people say, majority of them like chocolate. What’s wrong with you? They asked me that day. Excuse me, but what’s wrong with YOU, if I say I don’t like it?
This is why my parents and friends always get me cheesecake or tiramisu for my birthday. But don’t worry, I still can tolerate Kit Kat and chocolate wafers. If you’re wondering where I put my Valentine’s Day chocolate bars for these past years, the answer is, my sister ate them all. I’m sorry.
3. What’s your most anticipated release?
The Trials of Apollo series by Rick Riordan. Dayum.
4. How has blogging impacted your life?
There are some things inside of me that have changed since I started blogging. I’ve become more confident than I ever was. My English and writing have become even better because I’ve found new vocabularies on the Internet, it also feels a lot more easier to write book reviews as I go by. And the most important thing, I’ve found many new best friends!
5. Biggest bookish pet peeve?
The series that start out as a paperback but then do a sudden change to hardcover. I hate oddly shaped books on my bookshelf, I JUST WANT ALL OF SERIES TO BE THE EXACT SAME SIZE. (Yes, I’m talking about The Last Wild series.)
6. Do you look up to any bloggers?
7. What’s your best class in school?
My report book says Physics but other than that I also enjoy Art a bunch.
8. Your proudest moment?
I don’t know! All of the events in my life make me go up and down like a roller coaster that never ends but hmm… I guess my proudest moment was when this one famous book publisher in my country decided to publish my short story when I was like… eleven? It was a long time ago I don’t even remember what I wrote that time anymore.
9. What are a few quotes you like?
These are some book quotes I liked on my Goodreads page:
“And there it is, against all hope, like the sun peeking out from behind the clouds. The smallest hint of a smile.”
– Amie Kaufman, These Broken Stars
Ugh, so cute.
“It hurts every day, the absence of someone who was once there.”
– Marie Lu, Champion
“Everything’s uglier close up,” she said.
“Not you,” I answered.
– John Green, Paper Towns
STOP DOING THIS TO MY HEAAAART.
10. Do you do any sports?
I’m so bad at sport but I like swimming a bit, diving and snorkeling are included. I just love seeing corals, fish, and oceans in general.
11. Describe your bookshelves/take a picture!
So… this is some terrible quality pictures of my bookshelf. There are more below them but they are too messy and so not blog-worthy.
My answers to Ishi’s:
1. One thing you’d do if you could go back in time?
There are many things I want to fix in the past times because it seems like I always regret everything I do in my life. But most likely, if I could go back in time I’d take more “risks” and be less egocentric to everyone and myself.
2. Rain or sun?
RAIN! (When there’s coffee.) Also, we get free class in P.E. when it rains so hell yeah rain all the way.
3. Autumn or spring?
4. ONE of you favorite quotations?
“If you’re neutral in situations of injustice, you’ve chosen the side of the oppressor.”
– Desmond Tutu
5. Do you think you cry easily?
People think I don’t but I actually do.
6. If you could travel one place in the world, where it would be?
Germany. It has always been my dream to explore Germany.
7. The sea or the hills?
8. What is the meaning of your name?
‘Zahrah’ means flower in Arabic. I don’t know if it’s true but I trust my Mom.
9. If you could learn one foreign language, which would it be?
The Wookiee growls or the beeps of astromechs. Sometimes I wonder what Chewbacca and R2D2 say in the movies, they could be saying some good quotes to make bios of but I never realized it!
10. Your childhood dream?
To be an architect and it’s still my dream until now. This is what commit is like, guys.
Next, these are random facts about myself. (I’m trying so hard not to mention what I’ve ever mentioned previously, this is quite difficult because I don’t really know myself.)
#1 I believe that aliens are real but mermaids are not
#2 I have more than ten OTPs but only two of them are canon
#3 They say I’m good at giving advice on relationship problems but I don’t believe it myself
#4 My favorite fish is salmon, my favorite vegetable is broccoli, my favorite color is green
#5 Mustard is great, onions and tomatoes in hamburgers are also great (I don’t get it when people say they taste like trash)
#6 I love the sound of car engines especially Mazda’s
#7 I don’t watch horror movies
#8 I’m such a loyal person (!)
#9 When they mention about heaven I think of playing racing games or watching F1 together while waiting to get our McD delivered at midnight
#10 I love night drivings, deep conversations, and train travels
#11 I can’t stand abusive things especially when the victims are animals or children
I’m not an interesting person, am I?
Last one, if you’re nominated, I have some questions for you!
- What is your theory about dinosaurs?
- If you had only one chance to recommend a book to everybody, what would it be?
- Have you ever been to a book signing? If you have, tell us your experience.
- How do you arrange your bookshelf? (Give some shelfies!)
- What do you think about movies that are adapted from books? (Pros and cons)
- What’s your favorite book cover, and why?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever tasted?
- Where are you from? Describe a little about it, I really want to know!
- What’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever been to?
- What’s your favorite part about blogging?
- What do you think about my site?
And that’s a wrap for the Liebster Award post. Thank you for the opportunity, I really enjoyed answering these. And for those I nominated, good luck!