Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
The topic for this week is: Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant to Get To But Didn’t.
I always prioritize my TBR list first so I barely add new releases into my list. That’s why I missed SO MANY most anticipated books in 2015. I wish to read them this year (the sooner the better), I hope I’ll have the time, though.
1. A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses #1) by Sarah J. Maas: One of the most regretful things I did is to miss the most anticipated book of the year by my favorite author ever, Queen Sarah. This book is my top priority this year and I need to get to it ASAP.
2. Red Queen (Red Queen #1) by Victoria Aveyard: I actually looked for this once at my local bookstore but they didn’t seem to have the paperback edition (or was it not released yet?) so I failed. The hardcover one looks very beautiful though, but my budget…
3. An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes #1) by Sabaa Tahir: That feeling when you see the news about an upcoming book and you know it’s going to be huge, I had that feeling. And I was right. I can’t wait to get my own reading experience because people seem to praise this one. I wonder why.
4. The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn #1) by Renee Ahdieh: I ALMOST bought this one but when I was walking to the cashier I found the book I’ve been looking for so long so I had to put this book back to the shelf.
5. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins: I’m not a mystery/thriller reader but there are just some books I need to get to, like this one for example. I’ve been wanting for this but I just couldn’t seem to have the time to purchase it, I don’t know. I prefer to buy my older wishlist first, that’s why. But I’m excited to dive in soon.
8. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven: I saw mixed comments about this book but I still want to have one and try to figure out the truth by myself. I personally like the cover and I think it’ll look beautiful in my bookshelf. Soon to be reading, I hope.
9. The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #1) by Rick Riordan: Rick Riordan is an auto-buy for me but I haven’t had the time to purchase this one because I went to a book fair months ago and bought so many books that my Mom didn’t let me to buy another one. I need to put myself a little bit in control this year.
10. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli: ONE OF MY TOP PRIORITIES IN 2016. This is a must. I really love the cover and the blurb. I know I’m going to love this book. I can imagine myself fangirling over how adorable this book is already.
I know I missed so much. I already make a plan to catch everything up soon. I also have a reading challenge to be completed so I hope everything goes well like what I expected. And since my birthday is soon (January 14th!) I’m looking forward to make a list of books I’d like to buy with my birthday discounts from my favorite local bookstores (this has been my favorite moment for years). Or maybe some of you want to get me a birthday present? You can view my wishlist here. Just kidding, but I’d appreciate it so much, really.